New Smartphones, tablets and computing devices that can access the Internet seem to be released every other day, so creating a new website for each of these devices is not the solution. The answer to the problem of having so many devices able to access your website is responsive web design.
The next solution to find is how to build a responsive website Well, I compiled some of the best elements each responsive website needs to be successful.
1. All images, including those in featured sliders, must be able to resize automatically.
2. Header, subheads and body text must be resized accordingly.
3. Make sure that scrolling horizontally is not an option. Design the website vertically so the user only has to scroll up and down when viewed on mobile devices.
This way, website owners can trash the requirement of designing and maintain multiple websites to suit different platforms. Another spectacular feature of responsive design is any change made on the website is reflected in all other aspects of the website because you only have one website. Making a simple change to your websites can be time consuming and costly if you have multiple websites. Website owners can forget unnecessary costs by choosing a website designed responsively.
About the Author (Author Profile)Sara is a Kent State University alumna with a degree in public relations.
Sites That Link to this Post
- Elements Every Responsive Web Design Needs - 9jaEcho | November 2, 2012
- Elements Every Responsive Web Design Needs « Four Color Impressions – Full Color Printing Products and Digital Printing Services Company | September 23, 2012
- Searching for the best deals! » Blog Archive » Elements Every Responsive Web Design Needs | September 23, 2012
- Elements Every Responsive Web Design Needs | Memory Map | September 23, 2012
- Elements Every Responsive Web Design Needs | | mylifeincali.commylifeincali.com | September 23, 2012
- Elements Every Responsive Web Design Needs | Easy Share – Daily Blog Posts | September 23, 2012